I realize everyone and their brother/mother/father have been waiting for details regarding this weekend.
Mr. Burn has been trying to pin down the final schedule after many twists and turns.
Click on the following to get more information:
Boa CAL 09 prelim sched (lineup of competing bands and their performance times)
Boa 09CAL Daily Schedule (highlights of the performance day)
Boa 09ca area map (driving directions)
Boa 09ca overview map (campus map)
Pat valencia boys (rooming list boys rooms)
Pat valenica girls (rooming list girls rooms)
We will update you as soon as we find out about any changes.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Bands of America Details – What you need to know
Schedule for Friday, October 30th
3:30 p.m. Rehearsal at Homestead
5:00 p.m. Load truck
5:30 p.m Load buses and leave
7:30 p.m. Dinner Stop
12:00 a.m. Arrive at Embassy Suites
28508 Westinghouse Pl, Valencia, Ca
This is our first OVERNIGHT trip. If you forget anything, you’re out of luck, unless you can get your parents to drive to Valencia to bring you things. Please remember the following points:
1) BRING YOUR INSTRUMENTS, CLEAN marching shoes, 2 pairs of CLEAN black socks, gloves, hair supplies, and shoe bag. We will be competing twice on Saturday. I don’t think you want to wear the same sweaty, spongy, smelly socks twice. No one around you wants you to do that, either. Please remember to wear a shirt with short sleeves (no tank tops or tube tops) Also, remember to wear your boxer shorts (we’ll be changing outside).
2) Bring toiletries for TWO nights in a hotel. Bring enough clothing for two days, including green Band shirt/field show shirt, band jacket/field show sweatshirt. It can be chilly.
3) No smoking, no alcohol, no illegal drugs
4) No inappropriate sexual behavior
NOTE – All students and parents signed a behavior agreement at the beginning of marching season acknowledging compliance with rules of conduct, or suffer the consequences. Anyone caught smoking, drinking, in the possession of illegal drugs, or demonstrating inappropriate behavior will be sent home immediately, at the expense of the student’s parents, in addition to possible suspension from school and expulsion from band.
5) You and your roommates will be sharing queen sized beds/sofa sleepers. If you prefer, half of your group can bring sleeping bags. There is limited space on the bus, so please decide ahead of time who will bring what.
6) No radios or boom boxes allowed (ipods or mp3 players with headphones are acceptable).
7) Everyone is expected to respect others and their belongings.
8) Bring money for a fast food dinners on Friday and Sunday. Bring extra spending money for your day in Magic Mountain.
9) Use the buddy system! Do not wander off by yourself! You are required to stay in groups of AT LEAST 3. Ditching, i.e. "losing," or leaving a fellow student behind during a free block of time - is not acceptable
Everyone in your room must be present before room keys will be given to you, so make sure you all find each other and arrive as a group to collect your keys.
Do not yell out or announce your room number in a public place. You can never tell what stranger might be listening.
Schedule for Saturday, October 31st
8:30 a.m. Rise, hotel breakfast
10:00 a.m. Load bus - bring your instrument, black shoes, socks, gloves, green
Band shirt/field show shirt, band jacket/field show sweatshirt. We
won’t return to the hotel until competition(s) are done
Arrive at College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA
Enter stadium and watch prelims
12:30 p.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. Use the bathroom, get into uniform
2:15 p.m. Walk to warm-up area
2:35 p.m. Warm-up
3:20 p.m. Pit Report Time
3:35 p.m. Band Report Time
3:45 p.m. Bands of America Performance!!
4:00 p.m. Get out of uniform. You are representing Homestead; dress
appropriately. Wear your green band shirt/field show shirt and your
band jacket/field show sweatshirt.
Return to stadium to watch other bands
5:00 p.m. Results of prelims announced –
Schedule for the rest of the evening will be determined at this time
5:30 p.m. Dinner provided by boosters
7:15-10:15 pm Finals Competition
10:30 pm Presentation of Awards
11:00 p.m. Back to hotel
Schedule for Sunday, November 1st
8:30 a.m. Rise, hotel breakfast
9:45 a.m. Return to rooms and wait for chaperone to check you out of your room.
Be in your rooms ALL PACKED and ready to be excused by
chaperones. Your room will be skipped if you are still packing when
the chaperone arrives. Your room will be skipped if all of your
roommates are not in your room and ready to go.
10:00 a.m. Board bus to Magic Mountain
We will not return to the hotel
10:30 a.m. Arrive at Magic Mountain – Have fun!
11:30-2:30 All-you-can-eat picnic lunch
3:30 p.m. Load buses and leave
10:00 p.m. Approximate time of arrival at Homestead
Please contact Vicki Feltman at email@example.com if you have any questions.
WE NEED TO KNOW…..
1) All marching band and color guard are expected to participate at each competition. Contact Mr. Burn if you will NOT be attending Bands of America Championships.
2) With students sharing rooms, we would prefer to hold any medications. It is possible to have students reach into a bag that looks like theirs, either finding someone else’s medications or thinking they’ve lost theirs. You can also run into a few immature individuals who think it would be funny to hide medications.
3) Please contact Vicki Feltman at firstname.lastname@example.org or lead bus chaperone Deborah Smith at Deborah@bobsmithrealtors.com if your student will NOT be on the bus going to Bands of America on Friday, or if your student will NOT be coming back on the bus on Sunday. We don’t want to waste time waiting for someone who won’t show up at bus departure.
4) If you are picking up your student, we want to make eye contact with both parent and student before you leave, so that we make sure everyone has hooked up; we would hate to have a student THINK their parent was picking them up, only to have them end up stranded in Southern California after everyone else left. See either Vicki Feltman, Deborah Smith, or your student’s bus chaperone before leaving. If you do not show up by the time the buses are ready to leave, your student will be going home on the bus. We will not hold up the buses waiting for your arrival.
Bands of America Regional Championship Competition Details
Come support the Mighty Mustang Marching Band and Color Guard!
Where: College of the Canyons, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA
When: Saturday, October 31st, Prelims, begin at 7:45 a.m.;
Homestead performs at 3:45 p.m.
Cost: Day pass Tickets ($30) can be purchased at the gate; general admission, no
Parking: Is FREE, spectator parking is located in lots 8 and 7
Note: Outside food and beverage cannot be brought into the stadium
(location of prelims and finals)
College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd
Santa Clarita, CA
(where band will stay)
28508 Westinghouse Pl
Driving directions to College of the Canyon:
• Take Interstate 5 south to Valencia Boulevard (just past Magic Mountain).
• Turn left onto Valencia Boulevard.
• SPECTATORS: Enter at Stadium Way and may park in Lots 7 and 8
• BUSSES : Continue to the fourth light (counting the off -ramp light) turn right
onto Rockwell Canyon Road.
• Continue to University Center Drive and turn Right into the Bus/Truck parking
Camera Policy - Strictly Enforced
Still cameras (digital or film, professional or otherwise) are allowed into the stadium and may be used from stadium seating, but not on the field.
Videotaping is not permitted.
Tripods or other similar equipment that may obstruct the view or path of travel of
others in seating areas are not allowed
Professional DVD’s available for Sale -
See details on Mr. Video website, www.mrvideoonline.com
Professional Group Photo of Homestead available for Sale -
See details on Jolesch Photography website, www.jolesch.com
HELP FOR BOA COMPETITION IN SANTA CLARITA
If you are going down to Santa Clarita for the BOA competition and would like to volunteer to help out, please let Pat Tomosada know. There are things that we will need help with including loading and unloading the equipment trucks, set-up and clean-up, serving lunch, dinner, and snacks to the kids, uniform help, and just being available to make runs to the store.
We will also need adult volunteers to be night chaperones at the Embassy Suites. There will be another band staying at the Embassy Suites and we want to make sure that we know what Homestead kids should and should not be doing. The 2 person shifts will be 1 hour long, walking the halls making sure that our kids are all nice and quiet and tucked in for the night! If you are staying at the Courtyard Marriott, you can still volunteer. The two hotels are right next to each other. Contact me for available shifts.
I am compiling a list with the names, cell phones, and the hotel of the family and friends who are going to Santa Clarita. Please send me your information if you want to be included on this list. I will give this list to people going to Santa Clarita so you have cell phone numbers where everyone can be reach.
If you have any questions, please contact me at Tomosada@comcast.net or my cell phone 408-306-1570. Thanks!---Pat Tomosada