REMINDER – WED NIGHT PRACTICE 5:30-8:30!
FIRST FOOTBALL GAME HALF-TIME SHOW……SCHEDULE FOR THURSDAY GAME, Sept 30th
3:00 p.m. Tuba players and percussion, load truck at Homestead
The band room will be open until 5:00 p.m. to allow you to pick up your instruments. The band room will be locked at 5:15 pm with no further access until after the game. If you do not pick up your instrument before then, you will need to explain to Mr. Burn at 5:30 pm, why you aren’t prepared.
5:30 p.m. Full Band meets at Cupertino HS in our "staging area" on basketball court, like the last game, near the swimming pool. In addition to your instrument , please bring your gloves, shoebag with your pep shirt, CLEAN shoes and CLEAN black socks. Please remember to wear a shirt with short sleeves (NO TANK TOPS). Also, remember to wear your boxer shorts. The uniform carts with your hats and garment bags will be out and ready when you arrive.
Your hair cannot be so long that it touches your collar. Bring hair nets, hair pins, hair ties, etc. to put your hair up. If you do not bring the right materials to keep your hair up, Mrs. Edmonds and Mrs. Ishizaki have these items for sale for $3.
Get in uniform; uniform carts will be set up outside, where everyone will change. Take care of any uniform issues before warm-ups!! Look for Mrs. Ishizaki and other uniform moms to help you.
6:30 p.m. Warm up/Pep band music rehearsal
7:00 p.m. March into stadium -- Pre-game concert on the track
7:25 p.m. Traditional pre-game show
7:30 p.m. (approximately) - game begins.
- During the game, the band sits in their sections in full uniform, and plays pep band music.
- No eating or drinking, except water, while in uniform.
- The entire band stands up when we play.
- Four minutes before half-time the band prepares for the half-time show.
- Half time: the band performs our first half time field show!
- After the half-time show, you will go back to the uniform carts and change out of your uniforms. Return your hat to its box, your marching shoes to the shoe bag, and your uniform jacket and pants (NEATLY HUNG) to the garment bag. Hang the uniforms on the carts.
- You are dismissed after you put your uniform away. You may buy BBQ food and take your time eating dinner. Pre-order is the way to go!
- TAKE ALL YOUR STUFF HOME WITH YOU, leaving no personal property or garbage behind! (Uniforms and hats stay on the carts.)
- Tuba players and percussion, meet at Homestead to unload instruments.
Show up prepared and on time.
When the band is playing, everyone needs to be playing (not eating or talking).
You must be with your section (flutes, clarinets, altos, etc.) when in the stands.
Your uniform jacket needs to be on and zipped up during the first half of the game.
Pre-order tickets – you will find them in your hat boxes after half-time. Tuba and Pit will find their tickets taped to the front of their uniform cart. Color Guard pre-order tickets will be distributed by a colorguard parent.
MORE INFO TOMORROW, IN THE WEEKLY BLAST