Parents, please contact Mr. Burn immediately at email@example.com if your student is missing any performance or practice. These are all mandatory events that affect your student’s grade.
Wear green band shirts/jeans to school; we are playing the opener at the rally
Rally schedule - Pit ONLY will be excused the last 30 minutes of 2nd period; get instruments and set up in gym. Everybody else, when the bell rings, get instruments and go straight to gym
Football Schedule Friday
2:15 pm Tubas, Percussion, Color Guard load truck
The band room will be open until 4:00 p.m. to allow you to pick up your instruments. The band room will be locked at 4:00 pm SHARP with no further access until after the game.
4:45 p.m. Full Band meets at Cupertino HS in our "staging area" on the basketball court. In addition to your instrument, please bring your gloves, shoe bag with your pep shirt, shoes and black socks. Please remember to wear a shirt with short sleeves (NO TANK TOPS). Also, remember to wear your boxer shorts. The uniform carts with your hats and garment bags will be out and ready when you arrive. Your hair cannot be so long that it touches your collar. Bring hair nets, hair pins, hair ties, etc. to put your hair up. If you do not bring the right materials to keep your hair up, Mrs. Edmonds and Mrs. Ishizaki have these items for sale for $3. Take care of any uniform issues before warm-ups!! Look for Mrs. Ishizaki and other uniform moms to help you.
5:15 p.m. Warm up/Pep band music rehearsal
5:45 p.m. Homecoming Parade into stadium
6:10 p.m. Traditional pre-game show
6:15 p.m. (approximately) - game begins.
- During the game, the band sits in their sections in full uniform, and plays pep band music.
- No eating or drinking, except water, while in uniform.
- The entire band stands up when we play.
- Four minutes before half-time the band prepares for the half-time show.
- Half time: the band performs Lacrimosa field show!
- After the half-time show, you will go back to the uniform carts and change into pep band shirt and jeans. Return your hat to its box, your marching shoes to the shoe bag, and your uniform jacket and pants (NEATLY HUNG) to the garment bag. Hang the uniforms on the carts.
- After changing into pep band uniform, you may buy BBQ food. Pre-order is the way to go!
- You must be back in the stands ready to play at the conclusion of the third quarter.
- At the conclusion of the game, the band plays one or two more songs and is then dismissed. This will be sometime between 8:30pm and 9pm.
- TAKE ALL YOUR STUFF HOME WITH YOU, leaving no personal property or garbage behind! (Uniforms and hats stay on the carts.)
Show up prepared and on time.
When the band is playing, everyone needs to be playing (not eating or talking).
You must be with your section (flutes, clarinets, altos, etc.) when in the stands.
Your uniform jacket needs to be on and zipped up during the first half of the game.
Pre-order tickets – you will find them in your hat boxes after half-time. Tuba and Pit will find their tickets taped to the front of their uniform cart. Color Guard pre-order tickets will be distributed by a colorguard parent.
10 am – 4 pm Practice – NOTE TIME CHANGE FOR THIS SATURDAY
Tuba players and percussion, AFTER LUNCH, please leave your cases near the band shed, where the truck will load after practice.
4 pm Tuba players, percussion, and color guard, load truck
4:30 pm load bus
Bring your instrument, CLEAN black shoes, CLEAN black socks, gloves, hair supplies, and shoe bag. Please remember to wear a shirt with short sleeves (no tank tops or tube tops) Also, remember to wear your boxer shorts (we’ll be changing outside).
5:30 pm Dinner provided by boosters, use bathroom, get in uniform
6:30 pm start warmup
8:15 pm end warmup
8:20 pm standby
8:32 pm perform
9 pm change out of uniform
9:45 pm awards
10:30 pm depart
11:30 pm arrive home
General information regarding the Gilroy High field show
Gilroy High School
Gilroy High School Stadium (Garcia/Elder Sports Complex)
750 W. 10th St
Gilroy CA 95020
Ticket Prices: Adult $12
Students / Seniors $8
From areas around the bay area, take US 101 north or south toward Gilroy. Exit 10th Street and head west (exit to the right) continue on 10th Street to Princevalle Street. Spectators will be parked in the student lot.
WE NEED TO KNOW…..
1) All marching band and color guard are expected to participate at each competition. Contact Mr. Burn if you will NOT be attending on Saturday.
2) Please contact Vicki Feltman at Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org if your student will NOT be on the bus going to the competition on Saturday, or if your student will NOT be coming back on the bus after competition. We don’t want to waste time waiting for someone who won’t show up at bus departure.
3) If you are picking up your student after competition, we want to make eye contact with both parent and student before you leave, so that we make sure everyone has hooked up; we would hate to have a student THINK their parent was picking them up, only to have them end up standing in an empty parking lot long after everyone else has left.