Homestead High School PTSA is proud to be an integral part of the success of Homestead High School. We invite you to become a member whether you are student, parent or teacher - together we can and do make a difference. It is very important for parents to continue to involve themselves in their children's education, especially when they are in high school. According to many studies, the number one factor in determining how well your child succeeds in high school is parental involvement and support.
The Parent Teacher Student Association is one of the best ways to coordinate that involvement. The mission of the Homestead High School PTSA is to support and speak in the community on behalf of the youth at Homestead High School. Our HHS PTSA board is excited to help achieve this mission and to collaborate together to be a resource for our parents, teachers and students.
The PTSA supports HHS with an annual Direct Appeal, parent education speakers, student enrichment and support for graduation party/events. The PTSA coordinates SAT Prep Classes, provides the Reflections art program, awards student scholarships, and supports advocacy for continued school funding. Your PTSA membership dues and donations fund all these educational programs for our student and parent community. The HHS PTSA is part of the Cupertino Fremont Sunnyvale PTA Council and the California Sixth District PTA.
We can only be successful with your support and participation. We welcome and request your involvement. What's in it for you? Awareness of what's happening at the school and knowing that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THE STUDENTS AT HOMESTEAD!
Click here for online PTSA Membership Registration, PTSA Donations and Direct Appeal. Parents, students and teachers are encouraged to become members.
If you prefer to print out the membership form and return to the school office with dues, please click here.
HONORARY SERVICE AWARDS
Each year the Homestead High School PTSA recognizes outstanding service to our children and youth in our community. We are currently taking nominations for the following awards.
Please send your nomination for any of the awards below with the following information:
Name of Nominee:
Nominee Contact: (phone & email)
Award nominated for:
Please tell us why you are nominating this person:
Contact: (phone & email)
Deadline for Nominations: March 1, 2017
Please send nominations to: Naomi Nakano-Matsumoto
· Very Special Person Award (VSP) – This award is given to recognize an individual or organization for their service to PTA.
· Honorary Service Award (HSA) – This award is given to recognize an individual or organization for outstanding service to children and youth in your community, going above and beyond what is asked of them.
· Continuing Service Award (CSA) – This award is given to recognize an individual or organization for ongoing or long-time service to children and youth, providing support year after year.
· Outstanding Teacher Award (OTA) – This award may be given to recognize a teacher for outstanding service to children and youth through PTA, school, or community.
· Outstanding Administrator Award (OAA) – This award may be given to recognize an administrator for outstanding service to children and youth through PTA, school, or the community.
· Golden Oak Service Award (GOSA) – This award is given to recognize, as the most prestigious of the Honorary Service Awards, an individual or organization that has made significant contributions to the welfare of children and youth in a school or community.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any board member.
General Meeting Calendar 2016-2017
PTSA general meetings will be held every other month in the Homestead Cafeteria at 6:45 p.m.
Freshman parents are especially encouraged to attend the first meeting when Principal Greg Giglio will introduce you to Homestead High School. Calendar will be updated as program is determined. The meeting dates are:
- September 21 - Meet the Principal
- November 16 - How to Understand and Motivate Teenagers
Presenter Sixtine Gontier is a Certified Professional Coach who works with teenagers and young adults with the Academic Life Coaching program, helping them reduce stress about grades and college applications, navigating through challenging relationships, identifying what they really want, and to apply their learning and motivation style for academic success…She will introduce the “Core Motivation “ exercise. It is a personality tool that provides insights into understanding teenagers (as well as parents). She will provide some coaching and action steps for parents with tips and tools that will help motivate teenagers.
- January 18 - Drug Workshop for Parents location changed to auditorium
- March 15 - Screenagers PTSA 2017-2018 Board Elections auditorium
- May 17 -
Homestead High School Parent Forum
The HHS_PF provides Homestead parents a forum to ask HHS parents questions regarding academic support, school related information, reminders about PTSA sponsored events, and legislative action regarding school funding.
Join the Homestead High School Parent Forum Yahoo Group!
PTSA recruits volunteers with VolunteerSpot. Once registered, you will receive updates about volunteer opportunities as they become available.
Your financial support helps all HHS students
The Direct Appeal supports:
- SAT prep classes
- Parent education speakers
- Professional development
- Reflections art program
- Awards student scholarship
In addition to our regular enrichment at Homestead, the PTSA wants to help the school this year with a smooth transition to the Common Core curriculum. The transition to Common Core curriculum requires the teachers to develop new class content, figure out how to incorporate technology into their curriculum, purchase software licenses, buy hardware and much more. The district has provided basic funding to support the school’s efforts, but with your help and support, we can enable the teachers, staff, and our children to accomplish so much more!!
Our goal is $20,000 for the 2015-2016 school year, and to do this we need your help!
A donation of only $165 will help us to fund the above programs. Please make your check payable to HHS PTSA Direct Appeal. Checks may be left at the school office, or mailed to HHS PTSA, 21370 Homestead Ave., Cupertino CA 95014.
Please contact this year's Fundraising Chair, Kay Zeren at email@example.com with any questions.